We want to let you in on a well-kept secret. Having your project designed and built by the same company gives you a financial edge. Naturally, you would wonder how this can be. At Solid Ground Homes & Remodeling, we realized the added benefits of cost control and project precision that we could give our clients, simply by offering In House Design.
Before signing your name on the “dotted line” for our design services, we have some valuable steps that will help you discover exactly what you need and what we have to offer. Once you contact our team, we will gather necessary information about your project. After our initial conversation, you can expect to receive a Before We Start document that will cover our process and cost information. This document will include our design construction start date and will initiate the scheduling of an in-office meeting with our Lead Designer.
Meeting 1 – Initial Meeting
We will meet to discuss your project and review the Solid Ground Homes process.
- Get to Know You: We want to discover your needs & wants, likes & dislikes, etc.
- About Us: Learn more about the Solid Ground Homes & Remodeling Team and our Core Values
- Gain a better understanding of the High Performance Building Process
- Receive the SGH Discovery Questionnaire
Meeting 2 – Pre-Design & Design
Once the Design Agreement is created and enacted, we will start the design process by:
- Discussing the initial sketches or plans for your project
- Discussing your budget needs and financing options
- Discussing your project location/lot dynamics
IF this is a remodeling project, a site verification trip is performed, and as-built drawings will be produced.
Meeting 3 – Construction Documentation Review
The construction documents are simply the detailed “blueprints” and specifications for your project.
- We will discuss the Feasibility Agreement & how it works
- Appointments with Design Consultants will be scheduled for making home selections
- We will review the preliminary estimates
- We will discuss the consideration of Energy Modeling & if Structural Engineering needs are present
Meeting 4 – Final Review & Bidding
In this step, we make things official!
- All construction documents are reviewed
- Final selections are made
- We will discuss any questions or concerns
- The documents are sent out for bid and the transition is made from designing to building
Meeting 5 – Proposal & Schedule
The final proposal will be assembled and presented to you. In this step, the contract between you and SGH is sighed and a construction schedule is established.
Meeting 6 – Construction
This is where mobilization to the site will begin and construction of your project gets underway!
- You will apply for permits
- The building process begins by ordering the materials needed to complete your project
Meeting 7 – Project Completion
All construction is completed in this last step and you are “handed the keys”.
- There is a final inspection
- Finance closing
- The one-year warranty is scheduled
- The project is now yours to enjoy!